So, Kalurah just tagged me. It’s a meme where I have to name 10 weird things about myself. This could be a serious case of TMI(too much information) so, if this is not something you’re into hearing about, please feel free to check back tomorrow for a different post.
10. I lick my q-tips before sticking them into my ear. Yes. NO, really, I do. That squeaking sound that a dry q-tip makes is enough to send me over the edge so I lick them first to take the edge off. Yes, it’s gross and I’m really sorry.
9. I have an irrational fear of public restrooms. If I have to go #2, I will leave a movie, restaurant, whatever, to go home to do it. I have cried when left with no other option than a public bathroom for #2.
8. Door lock compulsion. It’s an OCD almost. When I go to bed at night I MUST check the locks several times, touching it and saying the word, “locked” over and over again. Sometimes I worry that by touching it I may have inadvertently unlocked it and must therefore begin the process all over again.
7. Use fingernails that I bite off to floss my teeth. I’m sure you don’t want more detail on that. Can you believe someone married me???
6. Still dance around singing and pretending to be a member of Duran Duran. I’ve loved them since I was 11 and still know all the words to their songs.
5. Jack Black is on my celebrity “to do” list. In fact, my brother-in-law thinks it’s weird that my “DO” list is longer than my “Don’t”. I think it just illustrates my boy-crazy qualities.
4. I sleep with chewing gum in my mouth. For a while I was suffering with extreme heartburn. It would wake me in the middle of the night, choking me with it’s acidity, and I read online to chew 2 pieces of gum and the heartburn would ease. Well, I got tired of waking up with heartburn and just started going to bed with gum in my mouth. I don’t do it AS much anymore but I will if I overeat or eat really late, just out of fear. Chewing gum really does get rid of heartburn, in case you’re wondering.
3. I could eat hot dogs for breakfast everyday with a side of green bean casserole. Enough said.
2. Anal about how my dishtowels hang on the stove handle. Remember that Julia Roberts movie where she was married to the abusive man, “Sleeping with the Enemy”? I’m like that dude, except the rest of my house could look like total ass but DON’T screw around with my dishtowels, dammit!
1. I’m terrified that Michael Meyers (from the Halloween movies) will appear at my window at any moment. This fear permeates my soul to the point that if I’m downstairs in the middle of the night, I refuse to look out the window. I don’t even like to go outside at night because I’m scared I will see him standing just a few feet in front of me. He frightens me more than Usama Bin Laden.
Now I’m supposed to tag 10 people but I don’t know who to tag. I’m going to make a list but your participation is totally optional. I won’t have any hard feelings if you don’t want to do it.
I hope you will all continue to read here even after seeing all these weird things about me!
By the way, we made it to Charlottesville in one piece, thank goodness, in spite of the heavy rain we were in for much of the way. Sean’s going to work in the AM and I think the boys and I are going to get out and find something fun to do if it’s not raining.